"Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation."
I've been reading a friends blog (thanks Nikki), and came across a few stories that brought me to tears and deep thought. A family is having to take care of their daughter who just after graduation was hospitalized and is now in an induced coma. I also read about Nikki's friend Mandy who died the night after she got engaged and read the loving words her fiance said about her in a news article. Even though she isn't here, her memories and example are still alive. And now this past week we have had a death of a cousin in the family. It so sad to hear these stories and hear all the pain all the families are going through. It makes my struggles look microscopic. It really made me think and kinda take a step back and realize the things I'm going through right now. They seem like nothing compared to these families. I should be grateful for what I have right now, to just be alive and healthy! I really need to learn to appreciate things a lot more and thank my Savior for the life He has given me, for the path I've chosen. This has really caused a change of heart in me. It's made me really think about the small things. I need to stop focusing on all the negative things in life, all the curve balls, and focus on what makes me happy and where I am now because I wouldn't want it any other way.
Month {Nine}
11 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment